Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby Update!!!

I went for my 39 week check up today.... although my 39 week mark was actually on Friday of last week, I had to go today because my doctor was out of town all weekend. Of course doctor's appointments at this point in a pregnancy are loads of fun, I still HATE them! :) I joked all last week with friends and family that when I went to my appointment today that I hoped the doctor just sent me to hospital right then..... knowing very well that he wouldn't and that he would probably say nothing has changed and that this baby would probably go over her due date just like Lauryn did. Well..... I suck at predicting what the doctor is going to say! :) He didn't tell me how dilated I was, but he did tell me that I was far enough that if I wanted he would induce me on Wednesday. I told him that I had heard too many horror stories from people who had been induced, and that I would like to wait until at least my due date on Friday, to see if nature takes it's course and Baby Jocelyn comes by herself. He told me that he thinks she will come by herself before then and at the very latest sometime this weekend. But I still did make an appointment for Monday to see him just in case I am still pregnant..... and at the that point if I still am he will most likely have me induced on Tuesday. AND..... all of this was coming from the doctor that told me I had to wait at least 7 days after my due date before he would induce me! Guess I must really be close or something! LOL I will keep you all posted.... but hopefully we will have a new member of our family by this weekend! :)

2 comments:

Curt, Julie, Claire and Andrew said...

I am so excited for you! I liked being induced! I had a good experience with it! But
I was just super impatient waiting for her to just come! Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

Jake & Bec said...

Yah! The count down is on. But I bet you've been counting down for several weeks now. Good luck with everything. I had to be induced with Jed but went on my own with Madi and didn't even notice a difference. It's fun to catch up and see your cute family. Can't wait to see pics your new little one.